News from the lab and beyond…
- Congrats Hilary! Hilary Katz successfully defended her dissertation on June 4th, 2018 and is off to MBL for postdoctoral training in the Morgan Lab.
- Congratulations to Brett! Brett Aiello successfully defended his dissertation titled “Correlated Evolution of Pectoral Fin Mechanics, Morphology and Mechanosensation” on August 1st, 2017.
- Chery Cherian successfully defended his undergraduate thesis on cryofreezing and EM sectioning an entire zebrafish larvae on May 22nd, 2017. Congrats Chery!
- Woo Hoo! Katie Henderson was awarded a Graduate Research Fellowship from NSF in Spring of 2016!
- In addition, Katie led a grant proposal to the “France and Chicago Collaborating in the Sciences” program that was a collaboration between our lab and Claire Wyart’s lab at the École des Neurosciences Paris Île de France. We are so excited to work with Claire and her group.
- Jack Bliamptis successfully defended his undergraduate thesis on zebrafish fin use in pitch and role on May 18th, 2015. Way to go, Jack- congrats!
- Congratulations to Richard Williams IV for successfully defending his dissertation in the Committee of Computational Neuroscience on May 1, 2015! His research is on proprioception in fish fins.
- Congrats to Brett Aiello who won the 2015 Best Student Paper award in the Division of Comparative Biomechanics at the Society of Integrative and Comparative Biology. The competition for this award is incredibly strong and this is a huge honor!